Friday 1 April 2011

Hair Dye...

I started to dye my hair when I was about 12, and it was quite possibly one of the worst things I've ever done! I started out with lovely dark brown hair that was almost black. I wanted to be like everyone else and so I died my hair lighter wanting to be blonde (it would have looked terrible if I'd done it). When my hair was lighter I looked awful, and so I decided to dye it dark again. Ever since I have had such a struggle dyeing my hair!
     I stayed dark brown for a while and then decided to dye my hair red. Because of my dark hair and my aversion to bleach, all I got were red roots. The rest of my hair stayed nearly black and I had bright red roots. Of course I dyed it immediately afterwards.
    Again I kept my dark brown hair for a while, but by this time I was totally bored with it, so I decided on purple. The purple actually worked and gave my hair a lovely tint. I kept it like that for months, but eventually grew bored of it again. I dyed it back brown!
    I kept it brown for ages, but wanted a change. My mam advised me not to go down the black hair road. But, as all teenage girls do- I ignored her. I dyed my hair black, and have never been able to get rid of it.
    It's a vicious circle- I wanted rid of the black, but then my roots grew and I disliked that. So I dyed it again. And again. And again. Because of my aversion to bleach and the fact I am trying to grow my hair means I cant strip it and really don't know what to do.


     I ended up getting extensions- I'll post a photo.








But the moral of the story is- DONT GO BLACK! stay dark brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments mean so much to me, and I am very thankful to each and every one of you for taking your time to write them. I will reply to every single one!